Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Social Media Manager for PSU Kiwanis Capstone

Hello everybody! My name is Kristin Bell, and I’m the new Social Media Manager for the fantastic PSU Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp program. I’m very excited to be working with the program, and I hope to provide you all with helpful updates and interesting articles to read. I’ll be posting to our Facebook page, as well as to this blog.

I hope that my work will highlight the amazing things that people with disabilities do (and sometimes struggle with), as well as feature our own campers and counselors in the PSU Mt. Hood Kiwanis Camp program—past, present, and future.

My first experience working with people of different abilities came when I was in the fourth grade. I was lucky enough to be chosen to spend my recess time with the kids in Special Ed at my school. It was a fun experience for a little kid, and instilled in me that even if other kids had different abilities, they could still enjoy recess just like me. I am also a person living with a more invisible disability—mental illness. I am outspoken about getting rid of the stigma associated with mental illness, and have blogged and vlogged about my own experiences on the internet.

I’m currently a post-bac undergraduate student here at Portland State studying everything I can. My first degree is a B.S. in Liberal Studies from PSU. I have been studying everything from graphic design and music to computer science, math, psychology, and economics (among other things). I have also completed the writing minor, and have been working in the webisphere for a long time. When I’m not busy with school, I enjoy spending time with my family, sewing, drawing, designing, reading, writing, singing, doing random nerdy stuff, and cuddling with my cat.

If you ever need to reach me, feel free to email me at kristinb@pdx.edu or contact me through our blog or social media site. If you have an idea for an article or just have a question, I’d love to hear from you! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. IQ Test

    ReplyDelete